Welcome to ANDRITZ!
ANDRITZ AUTOMATION Ltd.
ANDRITZ AUTOMATION Ltd. is seeking an Intermediate Electrical Project Engineer or Technologist for our Nanaimo, BC office. The successful candidate will provide technical leadership and mentoring on a variety of industrial power, instrumentation and controls engineering projects.
This intermediate position requires a self-motivated individual with strong analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills who can easily take a concept from design to commissioning. The ability to lead and motivate others while building and maintaining solid relationships with customers is essential.
Our broad range of industries served provides the opportunity for you to apply your skills on different processes. The development and implementation of new technology with each assignment will ensure that you stay at the leading edge of your chosen field.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit package, defined contribution pension plan, and a flexible working environment. We are looking for enthusiastic, communicative, and inquisitive people to join our team. Your salary will be commensurate with your experience and will increase with technical capability and responsibility level.
Some travel to domestic and international locations may be required.
Please send a cover letter and resume quoting reference ID 2012-019N.
• Prepare and evaluate tender and construction packages, including electrical and instrumentation drawings, installation specifications, and other supporting documentation
• Design and commission industrial MV and LV electrical power systems, including electrical room design, equipment specifications, motor control and grounding systems, and cable and raceway sizing and layouts
• Design of electrical control and instrumentation systems, including P&ID drawings, control system architecture and instrumentation specifications
• Design and configure PLC/HMI and/or DCS applications
• Audit industrial facilities and develop preliminary engineering designs and estimates for electrical and control system upgrades
• Provide technical guidance to junior engineers, technologists, and drafters
• Interface directly with customers
• Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience
• Knowledge of North American Electrical Codes (CEC and NEC)
• Demonstrated knowledge of industrial power, instrumentation and control system design
• Strong command of the English language (written and verbal)
• Engineers must be registered or eligible for registration with APEGBC
• Technologists must be registered or eligible for registration with ASTTBC
Please send us your application via e-mail
Please use the link below to apply. Thank you!