Welcome to ANDRITZ!
ANDRITZ AUTOMATION Ltd.
ANDRITZ AUTOMATION Ltd. is a recognized leader in the supply of technology to a wide range of industries including Pulp & Paper, Mining, Lime & Cement, Power, and Oil & Gas. Our engineering group focuses on the design and implementation of electrical and control systems.
We are seeking an Intermediate Process Engineer/Technologist for our Prince George, BC office. Prince George is the largest city in northern British Columbia with a population in excess of 80,000 people. This vibrant city combines all the modern amenities, including the best small university in Western Canada, excellent health care facilities, a new aquatic center, a WHL hockey team, concerts, theaters and extensive shopping. There are over 1,600 lakes, four ski hills and numerous golf courses for outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy. The affordable housing, short commutes, and friendly people combine for a quality of life like nowhere else!
What We Offer:
• Opportunities for rapid advancement
• Comprehensive benefit package and defined contribution pension plan
• Flexible work environment
• Competitive salary will be commensurate with your experience and will increase with technical capability and responsibility level
• Local and global work in a variety of industries
• Relocation assistance
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume quoting: Reference ID 2012-021P. We thank all applicants for their interest. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a key member of our process engineering team, the successful candidate will be involved in our projects from conception right through to commissioning by analyzing, designing and implementing innovative process design solutions for our customers. While assuming the lead on assigned projects, this role will be responsible for working within budget and schedule constraints to successfully execute the engineering scope.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Produce process and control system narratives using various means including written documents, logic blocks, SAMA Diagrams and FUPs
• Generate and/or modify design deliverables such as drawings, specifications, calculations and data sheets
• Assign and coordinate work with design team members
• Prepare and issue tender and construction packages as well as cost estimates, proposals and forecasts
• Participate in job site visits to collect and/or deliver design and engineering data
• Network with industry groups and organizations
• Minimum of 5 years’ related experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Pulp & Paper and/or Mining experience preferred
• Control hardware and software experience is an asset including PLC/DCS control systems
• Knowledge of industry standards and North American electrical codes (IEEE, CSA, NEC, CEC, NFPA, etc.)
• Registered or eligible for registration with APEGBC/ASTTBC
Please send us your application via e-mail
Please use the link below to apply. Thank you!