Welcome to ANDRITZ!
ANDRITZ AUTOMATION Ltd.
ANDRITZ AUTOMATION Ltd. is seeking a Junior Electrical Power Engineer for our Richmond, BC office. The successful candidate will join our power group and will perform technical design and commissioning on a variety of power engineering projects. The projects will vary in nature from industrial distribution systems to electric power generation projects.
This position requires self-motivated individuals with strong analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills who can easily take a concept from design to commissioning. The ability to learn new skills and address novel design challenges is critical to success of this position.
Our broad range of industries served provides the opportunity for you to apply your skills on different processes. The development and implementation of new technology with each assignment will ensure that you stay at the leading edge of your chosen field.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit package, defined contribution pension plan, and a flexible working environment. We are looking for enthusiastic, communicative, and inquisitive people to join our team. Your salary will be commensurate with your experience and will increase with technical capability and responsibility level.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume quoting Reference ID: 2013-011R.
• Create models of the electrical systems in SKM Power*Tools, or ETAP software
• Prepare electrical study reports for arc flash, protection, coordination, and load flow to support the project team
• Audit industrial facilities and develop preliminary engineering designs and estimates for electrical power upgrades
• Design, prepare, and evaluate tender and construction packages including drawings, installation specifications, and other supporting documentation
• Commission and perform acceptance tests of new and upgraded equipment installations
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering; Power Option preferred
• Strong command of the English language in both written and verbal communication
• Registered or eligible for registration with APEGBC
• Eligible to travel to the United States
Please send us your application via e-mail
Please use the link below to apply. Thank you!