Welcome to ANDRITZ!
ANDRITZ AUTOMATION Ltd.
ANDRITZ AUTOMATION Ltd. is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer – Power Systems, for our Richmond, BC office. The successful candidate will join our power group and will perform technical design and commissioning on a variety of power engineering projects. The projects will vary in nature from industrial distribution systems to electric power generation projects.
This senior level position requires a self-motivated individual with strong analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills who can easily take a concept from design to commissioning. The ability to lead and motivate others while building and maintaining solid relationships with customers is essential.
Our broad range of industries served provides the opportunity for you to apply your skills on different processes. The development and implementation of new technology with each assignment will ensure that you stay at the leading edge of your chosen field.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit package, defined contribution pension plan, and a flexible working environment. We are looking for enthusiastic, communicative, and inquisitive people to join our team. Your salary will be commensurate with your experience and will increase with technical capability and responsibility level.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume quoting Reference ID: 2013-018R.
• Perform conceptual, basic, and detail power systems engineering design, define design criteria, and identify technical requirements to meet project deliverables
• Perform power system analysis using software based tools for protection, coordination, transient, and load flow studies
• Analyze existing systems for increased generation capacity and impact on system fault levels and equipment ratings. Determine strategies for load shedding, system stability, and VAR control
• Audit industrial facilities and develop preliminary engineering designs and feasibility studies for power system upgrades
• Review and evaluate tender and construction packages, including drawings, installation specifications, and other supporting documentation
• Provide technical guidance to junior engineers, technologists, and drafters
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in power system design and analysis
• Demonstrated power system analysis capability including the use of software based tools for protection, coordination, and load flow studies (SKM Power*Tools and ETAP preferred, ability to manually verify results on a higher level)
• Strong command of the English language in both written and verbal communication
• Field experience with electrical power equipment
• Registered or eligible for registration with APEGBC
Please send us your application via e-mail
Please use the link below to apply. Thank you!