Modernization and renewal
About 50% of the primary and secondary technologies installed in hydropower plants all over the world are older than 30 years. The market for modernizations, rehabilitation and capacity increases of installed hydropower equipment is mainly concentrated in Europe and North America.
The ANDRITZ HYDRO Service & Rehab Division provides solutions, products and services over the entire lifecycle of hydropower plants. A well-developed service network ensures a fast and competent response to customer needs.
Services and modernization programs are designed to:
- increase plant availability and reliability
- boost power generation through optimal utilization of water resources
- increase revenue opportunities from peak power generation
- reduce risk of failures and unplanned outages
- optimize plant value and operating life
The main tasks of the Service & Rehab Division include:
- Plant assessment
- Maintenance services
- Spare parts services
- Emergency repairs
- Field services
Repair, upgrade and modernization programs/projects
- Engineering, design, model testing, purchasing, manufacturing, assembly, project management, installation and commissioning
- Turbines (all types)
- Digital speed governors
- Shut-off valves
- Generators (synchronous and asynchronous)
- Automation, control, protection, excitation, and synchronization
- Monitoring and diagnosis systems
The Service & Rehab Division is responsible for marketing and sales, as well as for project execution of the services, projects and products mentioned above.