Field Sales Rep
ANDRITZ is a globally leading supplier of plants, equipment, and services for hydropower stations, the pulp and paper industry, the metalworking and steel industries, and for solid/liquid separation in the municipal and industrial sectors.
The publicly listed technology Group is headquartered in Graz, Austria, and has a staff of around 25,500 employees. ANDRITZ operates over 250 sites worldwide.
Job Summary / Introduction
Detailed Job Description
- Provide continuous territory coverage and support via personal visits and phone contact to pursue both unit equipment and Aftermarket sales to include pellet mill rolls and dies and spare parts;
- Provide liaison between customer and appropriate departments to solve technical and commercial problems as quickly as possible;
- Develop and execute specific customer strategies to either gain new business or further develop business on installed base;
- Support preparation of sales proposals for both Aftermarket and unit equipment sales. Follow up and close on outstanding proposals;
- Provide and maintain call reports and monthly reports on all sales activities in the territory;
- Maintain CRM data base;
- Maintain current knowledge on competitors and their activities in the territory. Share information with Sales Manager(s) and other Field Sales personnel;
- Negotiate terms and conditions of sales with customers that meet Andritz requirements;
- Develop key account strategies to assure competitive position and maximize order intake;
- Monitor industry and competitive trends;
- Interface with order execution and engineering personnel for transfer of new equipment orders;
- Responsible for sales/equipment presentations at association/trade venues;
- Regard confidentiality a must.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Ag or Feed Science, or equivalent combination of related discipline with minimum of 5 years' experience in Feed Mill or other Grain markets. Technical Degree preferred;
- General willingness to continuously learn and improve;
- Ability to think logically and methodically in order to apply problem-solving strategies; Knowledge of the Andritz organization and procedures;
- Must be computer literate using Microsoft Office package, as well as familiarity with other office suites / databases;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language and grammar;
- Knowledge of the Andritz organization and procedures;
This position requires well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work under pressure in time sensitive environments. The ability to communicate effectively, at all levels, both verbally and in writing is essential. Other requirements include:
- Represent Company interests when dealing with customers;
- Possess strong problem-solving and organizational skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and work both independently and as a team member in a fast-paced environment;
- Must be self-motivated, make independent decisions, maintain a high degree of accuracy, and work with little to no supervision;
- Must be able to learn and retain multiple skills and tasks;
- Must be sensitive to customer satisfaction which includes possessing a strong sense of urgency in responding to customers' needs;
- Must be versatile, flexible and have a cooperative attitude to interface with all levels and departments inside / outside of the Company;
- Must be able to manage and manipulate a large volume of information for several managers, as well as handle all types of internal and external calls and correspondence;
- Must be able to cope in a frequently stressful environment with multiple priorities.
Please use the link below to apply. Thank you!