Welcome to ANDRITZ!
THE ANDRITZ GROUP is a globally leading supplier of plants, equipment, and services for hydropower stations, the pulp and paper industry, the metalworking and steel industries, and solid/liquid separation in the municipal and industrial sectors. In addition, ANDRITZ offers technologies for certain other sectors including automation, the production of animal feed and biomass pellets, pumps, machinery for nonwovens and plastic films, steam boiler plants, biomass boilers and gasification plants for energy generation, flue gas cleaning plants, plants for the production of panel boards (MDF), thermal sludge utilization, and biomass torrefaction plants.
Optimization of Process Performance (OPP) Engineer
* Provide technical support to the Mill
* Plan, together with the OPP Specialist, priority activities to support contracts
* Conduct project alignment meetings whenever necessary with Mill workers
* Propose changes in logic control and interlockings
* Assist in the design advanced controls
* Identify opportunities for process improvements
* Work with OPP Specialist to review data analysis through the OPP system
* Consolidate results of project reports
* Control logic utilization on site DCS and/or OPP.DME tool
* Guide Mill in tune control loops as needed
* Work with OPP Specialist to determine the main variation causes: project problems or limitations of the plant, sensor fault/ transmitters/ valves, tuning control loops and disturbances in the process
* Assist in Training of Mill operators.
* Some travel both Domestic and International is required for this position.
* 1-3+ years' experience in the fields of automation and control or as a process engineer
* Knowledge of the industrial operations process
* Bachelor's in engineering (electrical, mechatronics, chemical, automation or control)
* Solid knowledge in automation and control
* Knowledge of advanced control (fuzzy logic, neural networks, etc.) is an asset
* Knowledge of the industrial process in which you will work
* Knowledge of tools for analysis and data modeling (data mining, neural networks, etc.)
* Knowledge in Windows, Outlook and Office package
* Basic concepts in instrumentation
* Basics concepts of electrical work
* Knowledge of Pulp & Paper is preferred
Optimization of Process Performance (OPP) Local Analyst
Please use the link below to apply. Thank you!