Welcome to ANDRITZ!
ANDRITZ is a globally leading supplier of plants, equipment, and services for hydropower stations, the pulp and paper industry, the metalworking and steel industries, and for solid/liquid separation in the municipal and industrial sectors.
The publicly listed technology Group is headquartered in Graz, Austria, and has a staff of around 25,200 employees. ANDRITZ operates over 250 sites worldwide.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Oversee the daily operations of the Customer Service site for Pellet Die reconditioning and Roll repair processes. Cover all daily Administration requirements and Supervision of the workshop employees. Ensure the Site, Equipment and Employees are all operating in compliance with current Health and Safety rules and regulations.
* Responsible for all site employees;
* Raise, maintain, and ship customer orders within the IT system (including costs and Sell prices);
* Raise and maintain workshop orders within the IT system (including stock issuing, time recording and job costing);
* Ensure the timely delivery of Customer repair orders to the agreed delivery dates;
* Maintain stocks of commonly used parts;
* Approve / oversee the purchase of materials, tools, and equipment necessary to maintain / improve quality, productivity and efficiency of service site;
* Drive the Company's initiatives regarding quality, safety and efficiency, minimizing downtime with planned maintenance (e.g. 5S & TPM);
* Responsible for compliance with EPA / OSHA / Georgia Environmental Protection Division (EPD), and other government regulations pertaining to the workplace;
* Communicate regularly with subordinates, division management, and appropriate employees;
* Review and Manage Departmental budgets; analyze and determine future capital needs;
* Determine the sites capacity needs and ensure that the appropriate staffing is available;
* Develop subordinates to assure a succession of properly trained and capable supervisors and lead hands;
* Evaluation of customer parts and assemblies for suitability to be refurbished within agreed budgets;
* Preparation of reports for local and Divisional Management;
* Occasional International Travel. Plus local travel to develop and maintain customer Business with the potential for regional service business development and management.
* BS or Associate Degree in Engineering / Manufacturing, technical field, Logistics Management, or a combination of related discipline, education and experience required.
* Ten plus years in progressively responsible experience in manufacturing or Service related background in close-tolerance machining, metal working, materials, capital planning preferred.
* Prior supervisory experience required.
* TPM, Lean and 5S.
* SAP experience strongly preferred.
Please use the link below to apply. Thank you!