A01 2016 Automation Service Engineer
ANDRITZ is a globally leading supplier of plants, equipment, and services for hydropower stations, the pulp and paper industry, the metalworking and steel industries, and for solid/liquid separation in the municipal and industrial sectors as well as for animal feed and biomass pelleting. Other important business segments include automation and service business. The publicly listed technology Group is headquartered in Graz, Austria, and has a staff of approximately 25,200 employees. ANDRITZ operates more than 250 sites in over 40 countries.
Job Summary / Introduction
Detailed Job Description
Major responsibilities are listed but not necessarily limited to the following duties:
- Executing drive and controls upgrade projects, including design and component selection, programming, installation, commissioning and customer training.
- Compile quotes for drive and controls upgrade projects.
- Update project documentation to reflect made revisions and upgrades.
- Respond to customer service calls and troubleshoot the problems at customer's location.
- Tuning the controls and performing checks of installed equipment.
- Training of customer's operating and maintenance personnel
- Field checkout and commissioning of machinery at locations throughout the US and Canada.
- Communicate with and provide feedback to the crane automation engineering team.
- Domestic and/or international travel required, estimated at 30% annually.
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or Automation Engineering preferred. Experienced Automation Technologists will be considered.
- Minimum five years' experience in the programming and servicing of Allen Bradley ControLogix PLC and HMI systems for automated machine control. Working knowledge of Siemens S7 PLC and VFD equipment is a plus.
- Must have field checkout and startup experience in an industrial environment, preferably with material handling equipment and some heavy machinery.
- Skilled in the use of the following software: RSLogix, Panelview, RSView, Wonderware.
- Familiar with electronic interface systems such as Ethernet, DeviceNet, and Profibus between PLC systems, VFD and MCC equipment, and HMI computers.
- Working knowledge in the use of the following software: AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Knowledgeable with VFD/DCD application, controls, and tuning.
- AC and DC motor troubleshooting.
- A self-starter capable of working independently, as well as within a multi-disciplined project team environment.
- Must have good skills in maintaining vendor and customer relationships.
Please use the link below to apply. Thank you!