ANDRITZ to supply main production technologies and equipment for a new pulp mill in Lao PDR
International technology Group ANDRITZ has received an order from Sun Paper Holding Lao Co. Ltd. to supply main production technologies and equipment for a new pulp mill located in the city of Xepon, Lao People's Democratic Republic. Start-up is expected in mid-2018.
The ANDRITZ scope of supply includes:
- main process equipment for the woodyard, including HHQ-Chipper, chip screening, and bark processing,
- MC equipment for the complete fiberline, as well as the screening plant and ozone bleaching stage,
- a complete pulp drying line with a TwinWirePress pulp machine, airborne dryer, cutter-layboy, and bale finishing system,
- the largest High Energy Recovery Boiler (HERB) ever installed in the Lao PDR,
- a LimeWhite white liquor filter for the recausticizing plant,
- a methanol liquefaction system to produce additional fuel for the recovery boiler and lime kiln from gases from the evaporation plant.
The main reasons for Sun Paper to select ANDRITZ as supplier of main technologies for its new pulp mill were both the positive experience from previous joint projects and the state-of-the-art technologies supplied by ANDRITZ to ensure reliable operation and high availability of the pulp mill. Both companies have been business partners for many decades.
– End –
For further information, please contact:
Head of Corporate Communications
The ANDRITZ GROUP
ANDRITZ is a globally leading supplier of plants, equipment, and services for hydropower stations, the pulp and paper industry, the metalworking and steel industries, and for solid/liquid separation in the municipal and industrial sectors. The publicly listed technology Group is headquartered in Graz, Austria, and has a staff of approximately 25,500 employees. ANDRITZ operates over 250 sites worldwide.
ANDRITZ PULP & PAPER
ANDRITZ PULP & PAPER is a leading global supplier of equipment, systems, and services for the production and processing of all types of pulp, paper, tissue, and cardboard. The technologies cover the processing of logs, annual fibers, and waste paper; the production of chemical pulp, mechanical pulp, and recycled fibers; the recovery and reuse of chemicals; the preparation of paper machine furnish; the production of paper, tissue, and cardboard; the calendering and coating of paper; as well as treatment of reject materials and sludge. The service range includes modernization, rebuilds, spare and wear parts, service and maintenance, as well as machine transfer and second-hand equipment. Biomass, steam, and recovery boilers, as well as gasification plants for power generation, flue gas cleaning plants, plants for the production of nonwovens, dissolving pulp, and panelboards (MDF), as well as recycling plants are also allocated to the business area.