Sustainable, renewable, environmentally friendly
We are strongly committed to sustained protection of the environment, in harmony with economic growth and social progress. The guiding principle is to meet the needs of the present generation, without compromising the ability of future generations to fulfill their own power requirements.
Future development of worldwide power generation
Hydropower currently supplies about 16% of the world’s electricity needs. Most medium-term scenarios predict that power requirements will be covered primarily by a combination of various new, renewable, and fossil fuel resources. According to current forecasts, awareness of global warming (due to CO2 emissions from fossil fuel plants and other sources) will lead to significant political pressure in the next decade. As a result, the demand for hydropower - a well-proven and the most developed form of renewable energy - will grow.
Our customers also attach great importance to sustainability. Their sustainability strategies are based on installation of modern, environmentally friendly technologies and processes, and on social responsibility. This is why they are investing in infrastructure, health care and education at the locations and communities in which their companies operate.
Additionally, new jobs are created for the local population, sub-suppliers, and other industries, improving the standard of living of thousands of people.
Advantages of hydropower
So far, only about 30% of global hydropower resources have been developed. Compared to other energy sources, hydropower offers some important advantages:
- Hydropower is a well-proven form of power generation.
- Water is a renewable source of energy.
- Hydropower contributes significantly to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Hydropower is a clean form of energy and leaves no environmentally harmful residues.
- Hydroelectric power generation is cost-efficient and not sensitive to fuel price increases.
- In many regions of the world, hydropower reservoirs are also vitally important for water supply, irrigation, and flood protection.
- Civil construction work for hydropower plants creates local jobs and supports the regional economies.
- Hydropower conserves fossil fuel resources.