PrimeCoat coating technology
ANDRITZ PrimeCoat systems are used for coating paper and board. Different techniques can be chosen depending on coatings required, coat weights applied, and operating speeds desired.
Blade versus bar
PrimeCoat versions (Jet, Blade and BarFlex) have different blade or bar metering systems. The bar metering system can be used for pre-coating paper and board, top coating, and the treatment of specialty papers (thermal papers, inkjet papers, etc). The blade metering system is ideal when an extremely smooth finish is required.
Product range coating technology
Curtain Coater coating technology
The PrimeCoat Curtain Coater provides perfectly homogeneous single or multi-layer coatings. The non-contacting design is easily configured for in-board or over-board coating. The curtain coater can be easily adapted to customers’ requirements.
- High-speed coating of paper and board
- Functional coatings with low solid contents
- Stiff blade for low coat weights and highest speeds
- Bent blade for higher coat weights and best smoothness
- Coating of specialty paper, pre- and top coating of paper and board
- Pre-coating of paper and board
- Pre-coating and functional coatings for specialty paper
- Combination of blade and barflex
- Coating of board and specialty papers (e.g. thermal papers, NCR paper, inkjet papers, etc.)
- Wide range of coat weights, solids content, and operating speeds
At a glance
- Flexibility through modular design, compact units
- Top quality coated products
- For a wide range of coat weights and paper grades (paper, board, specialty papers)