Thickening and fiber recovery
Flexible operation – proven technology with innovative ideas
ANDRITZ disc filter DF – proven technology for thickening and fiber recovery/save-all applications
The disc filter DF is a vacuum-assisted thickening and fiber recovery machine with rotating discs. It is suitable for thickening and fiber recovery applications with a wide range of stock feed consistencies. The filtrate cycle can be adapted (e.g. vacuum zones, filtrate splits) to the needs of individual processes.
The save-all disc filter DF incorporates a filtrate valve, which permits greater flexibility for the splitting of filtrates. Cloudy, clear, and super-clear filtrates can be individually adjusted during operation.
Disc filter DF benefits
- High equipment availability
- Low-volume sectors to speed up drainage – increased capacity and dryness of the fiber mat
- Integrated feedbox for perfect mixing of the feedstock
- Advanced center core to maintain constant vacuum levels with minimum pressure loss
- Proven, reliable sector design
- Designed-in flexibility – filtrate split changes possible during the operation
ANDRITZ RotoWash RW – compact, flexible, and efficient fiber recovery with pressure screen technology
The RotoWash RW is used both for de-ashing pulp and recovering fiber from filtrates and sludges. It also can be utilized as a protection filter for shower nozzles, etc. The machine design is based upon well-proven pressure screen technology.
The pulp filtrate of sludge suspension flows over a perforated plate with 100–300µm holes with a high open area. The combination of basket and parabolic rotor creates optimum flow conditions. The fine basket perforations ensure superior fiber retention and boosts filtrate quality.
RotoWash RW benefits
- Efficient fiber recovery – low solids content in effluent water
- Closed system and maintenance-free operation
- Best adaptability to specific process conditions by simple modification of operating parameters