Low consistency refining
ANDRITZ well-proven, energy-saving refiners
Over 150 years of collective knowledge in low consistency refining
With the Papillon CC/CS refiner and the TwinFlo TF refiner, ANDRITZ supplies a portfolio ranging from well-proven to high energy savings. This allows you to choose the right machine for your low consistency refining application with the help of our experts.
Papillon CC/CS: cylindrical refiner for gentle fiber treatment with low energy consumption
The ANDRITZ Papillon refiner has a cylindrical refining zone. This geometry combines gentle and stable fiber treatment from inlet to outlet with low energy consumption thanks to the small diameter of the refining area.
With the Papillon CC/CS, you achieve:
- Optimum fiber development using a cylindrical geometry
- Reduced energy costs (net refining energy and no-load energy)
- Improved paper appearance, properties, and runnability of the paper machine.
TwinFlo TF: a brand that is known and trusted
The ANDRITZ TwinFlo double-disc refiner is available for all types of low consistency refining applications (mechanical, chemical, and recycled pulps – hardwood or softwood).
With the TwinFlo TF, you achieve:
- best use of fiber potential due to disc machine with spline shaft technology
- lower investment and maintenance costs
- reliable operation with proven design
- wide range of refiner plates and patterns available (Durametal)