ANDRITZ liquid methanol (MeOH) plants
Converting stripper off-gases (SOG) into liquid fuels that can be stored safely
Evaporator condensate treatment by stripping produces stripper off-gases (SOG) that have high amounts of sulfur compounds. While stripper off-gases (SOG) have high heating value, but they cannot be stored, making treatment options more difficult.
ANDRITZ liquid methanol plants convert stripper off-gases (SOG) into liquid fuel with less than 20% water. Liquid methanol (MeOH) is an excellent fuel that can be stored safely.
- Elimination of long pipelines for carrying stripper off-gas (SOG) to thermal treatment equipment
- Easier NCG combustion with liquid fuel
- Removal of turpentine and related hazards from NCG streams
- Easy disposal of turpentine/red oil with liquid methanol
- Production of liquid fuel
- Liquid methanol is easy to store for balancing operations
- Good lime kiln fuel
- Optimum support fuel for CNCG burners
- Skid-mounting for retrofit cases
- Easy to install
- Minimum down-time