The whole range of advanced equipment for reactor and column internals
Development, manufacturing and installation of high performance components for mass transfer and reactor internals
ANDRITZ Euroslot and ANDRITZ Fiedler, both members of the ANDRITZ GROUP, together provide a unique breadth and depth of expertise across a range of industry sectors – from oil and gas, to petrochemicals and refineries, water treatment, filtration, food processing, and the paper industry.
Clients value the company’s extensive service in the fields of design, manufacture, and site installation of reactor and column internals.
Hydroprocessing reactors in the refining and petrochemical industries require very specific designs to achieve good performance over the years and minimize maintenance turnaround.
ANDRITZ delivers production units for reactor internals to achieve optimum and trouble free operations, considering the following parameters as key elements:
- Uniform distribution
- Severe pressure and design pressure compliance
- Thermal stability of components
- Maximizing of catalyst volume and duration of operating cycles
- Low fouling system reducing potential pressure drop build-up
ANDRITZ service and wear products for reactor internals include:
Diverting the incoming flow from the inlet nozzle towards the reactor.
- gas sweetening
- gas drying
- sulphur removal
- hydrogenation, etc.
Liquid distributor trays
Distributing the incoming flow over the entire vessel cross-section.
(Applications: Hydrotreating, hydrocracking, hydrogenation, reactors, etc.)
Retention devices for the catalyst which extends through the entire cross-section of the vessel.
(Application: Gas sweetening, gas drying, sulphur removal, hydrotreating, hydrocracking, hydrogenation, etc.)
Quench injections, collection trays, and mixing chambers
In multiple-bed reactors, the process may require a cooling-down phase between two beds. This could be achieved by the injecting fluid, which is then collected and mixed before being redistributed over the next bed.
(Application: Hydrotreating, hydrocracking, hydrogenation)
Directing the reactor’s flow towards the outlet vessel nozzle.
(Application: Gas sweetening, gas drying, sulphur removal, hydrotreating, hydrocracking, hydrogenation, etc.
Center pipe, inner screen
Central screen component of a radial flow system.
It is generally cylindrical, with the outer surfaces delimiting the inner side of the catalyst bed. The screen component usually extends inside vertical reactors, collecting or distributing the flow.
(Applications: Gas treatment, platforming, reforming, CCR, ammonia converter, styrene)
The scallop assembly forms the outer screen component of a radial flow system. Their general shape extends parallel to the inner vessel wall. The inner surface delimits the outer side of the catalyst bed. Scallops are usually installed inside vertical reactors to distribute or collect the flow.
Gas treatment, platforming, reforming, CCR, ammonia converter, styrene.
The outer baskets are the outer screen components of a radial flow system. Their general shape extends parallel to the inner vessel wall. Their surface delimits the outer side of the catalyst bed.
They are usually installed inside vertical reactors and distribute or collect the flow.
Gas treatment, platforming, reforming, CCR, ammonia converter, styrene.
The SSR flow scallop assembly forms the outer screen component of a radial flow system. It enhances the outer basket technology by combining its cylindrical shape and the flexibility of installation through the reactor manhole. SSR flow scallops are a flexible solution from an enhanced new generation of scallops to provide a fully dismountable, reinforced outer basket.
Header and laterals
A collector/distributor utilizes a header pipe or a hub to which several filtering tubes are attached to enable excellent collection or distribution of a gas or liquid within a medium without dead zones, wall effects, or channeling in order to maximize efficiency.
(Application: Hydrocarbon processes such as PTA, MEROX, MTBE, sand filter, clay filter, industrial water treatment, food processing such as decolorization for syrup, chromatographic columns, ore treatment, etc.)
ANDRITZ service and wear products for column internals
Trays are a main class of column internals. Trays allow contact between vapor and liquid phases.
Distillation trays convince with easy maintenance, good fouling resistance, and their ability to carry a wide range of liquid flows by changing the number of tray sections or passes, weir length, and type of tray.
ANDRITZ designs and supplies a variety of distillation trays:
- ESP float valves: Mobile valve trays are flat perforated plates with movable disks covering and uncovering the perforations according to the vapor rate and determining the open area. ESP mobile valves vary in shape and leg height. Unlike the conventional float valve, the ANDRITZ ESP (Enhanced Separation Performance) float valve incorporates unique features that result in a very robust design to reduce valve loss, an anti-rotation mechanism, easy replacement, and maximum turndown ratio.
- ESP fixed valves: The fixed valve tray is a low-cost stationary assembly emulating the shape of a valve. The absence of moving parts eliminates wear and sticking, but at the expense of lower turndown than other valve trays. ESP fixed valves are customized in shape and leg height. Compared to sieve trays, ESP fixed valve trays provide low liquid entrainment and higher capacity by 10-15%
- Other distillation trays: On request, ANDRITZ also supplies conventional trays, such as sieve trays, cage valve trays, bubble cap trays, dual flow trays, baffle trays, cartridge trays, etc.
High-performance random packing
ANDRITZ ESP random packing will match your budget and your performance needs. It is an inexpensive boost to capacity and productivity. Besides ESP random packing, ANDRITZ also manufactures a comprehensive range of industry-standard packing.
- ESP metal rings: High-performance, high-capacity packing to improve randomness, liquid spreading, and mechanical strength.
- ESP plastic rings: Thermoplastic random packing to reduce drag and maximize mass transfer efficiency.
- Random packing support: The ESP range of packing support plates gives physical support to the packed bed and incorporates sufficient open area to allow unrestricted glow of liquid and vapor. Support prevents downward migration of random packing pieces.
- Hold-down plates/bed limiters: Retaining devices are used to avoid bed movement in the event of a pressure surge or major upset.
High-performance structured packing
Structured packing is a self-supporting element made of inclined corrugated sheet channels. This packing is adapted particularly for low-pressure and liquid load applications by reducing pressure drop and energy consumption.
- ESP structured packing: Structured packing is available in a huge variety of materials, sizes, and surface ranges to achieve individual process goals, whether these relate to efficiency or to capacity.
- ESP packing support: Packing support grids have the function of preventing packing from moving downward. These supports offer a large open area to avoid restricting the flow of liquid and gas.
Distributors, feed devices, and collector trays
Apart from the high-efficiency ESP trays or packing, performance of the distillation column is guaranteed by distributors, feed devices, and other internals inside the column.
- ESP high-efficiency liquid distributors: Liquid distributors are used in packed towers above each bed of packing to guarantee uniform liquid distribution across the entire tower cross-section.
- ESP high-performance feed devices: Feed devices are used when the feed requires uniform distribution in order to obtain overall favorable performance by the distillation column.
- ESP high-performance liquid collectors: Liquid collectors are applied between packed beds for partial liquid draw-off and/or to feed a liquid distributor below, for total liquid draw-off to product or reboiler, or for liquid mixing.
Liquid/gas and liquid/liquid separator internals
Based on well-established industry standard design concepts, our range of ESP separator internals have developed unique mechanical enhancements to ensure effective and reliable performance.
Rigorous separation efficiency and capacity modeling takes full account of both equipment geometry as well as system physical properties to further enhance their performance.
- ESP mesh mist eliminators (liquid/gas separation): Different types of mesh mist eliminators are available to remove 100% of liquid droplets larger than 5 µm in diameter.
- ESP plate pack coalescers (liquid/liquid separation): Plate pack coalescers are designed to aid coalescing oil droplets in the water and water droplets in the oil. If your process requires the separation of two or three phases, ESP coalecers perform very effectively.