Hyperbaric disc filter - HBF
Hyperbaric filtration guarantees low residual moisture in combination with high throughputs. The continuous filtration process eliminates all the surge capacity equipment required in batch-type filtration systems.
Applying pressure differentials of about 6 bar on a disc filter provides low residual moisture in combination with the proven high throughputs associated with continuous filtration.
Continuous filtration within the pressure vessel ensures continuous feed and power consumption. This eliminates all the surge capacity equipment required in similar batch-type filtration systems. Hyperbaric filtration has been proven in a large number of plants operating worldwide (Europe, China, Brazil, Russia, USA, Australia, South Africa, India, and Chile).
Calculations taking account of the capital and operating costs prove the hyperbaric filter (HBF) to be a superior solution for mining applications in combination with high throughputs.
Advantages of hyperbaric filtration
- Continuous system reduces cost for conveyors and other peripheral equipment (continuous cake transport).
- Variable cake thickness selected by the operator provides highest flexibility.
- Thin filter cakes allow low residual moisture in combination with high throughputs.
- Filter sectors are made of stainless steel to reduce wear.
- Filter sectors can be changed quickly.
- The disc filter provides for maximum filtration area at minimum cost and floor space (footprint).
- Closed system reduces impact on environment and allows outdoor installation.
- Proven for various applications
- Clear filtrate
- High unit availability even in high abrasion applications
- Tailor-made process solutions
- Fully automated continuous cake discharge in combination with pressure filtration
- Highest throughputs in combination with low operational cost (EUR/t)
- Special modular design