Power drain belt thickener PD
The ANDRITZ power drain belt thickener PD is used to thicken various types of municipal and industrial sludge. The standard design is made entirely of stainless steel for a long service life and low maintenance costs.
The continuous thickening process is accomplished by gravity drainage on a single porous dewatering belt. The incoming sludge is conditioned using polymer that is thoroughly mixed by the inline static mixer or the optional tank mixer. The thickening/dewatering process is further enhanced by using several rows of plow chicanes that turn and distribute the sludge across the full width of the moving dewatering belt.
Features and benefits
- Belt widths available in 1.0, 1.5 , 2.0, 3.0, and 4.0m for process flexibility
- Large filtration area with lift able plows
- Offered in open or enclosed configurations for odor control
- Frame and wetted parts in hot-dip galvanized carbon steel, 304L SS or 316L SS
- Sludge/polymer mixing by inline venture (static) mixer or motor-agitated tank mixer
- Automatic belt tensioning and tracking available in pneumatic or hydraulic configuration
- Heavy duty long-life bearings
- Low water consumption (belt cleaning)
- Customized feed tank configurations