Continuous pickling lines
ANDRITZ continuous pickling lines operate economically, are environmentally compliant, and the quality of the processed products is in a class of its own.
Today, ANDRITZ pickling technology prevails on the world market as a synonym for high productivity, low investment costs, and highest production flexibility.
Continuous pickling lines (CPL) in the design well-known today with shallow-tank, high-turbulence pickling were defined widely and decisively by ANDRITZ-RUTHNER.
As a pioneer in the design and manufacture of polypropylene pickling tanks, ANDRITZ redefined shallow-tank, turbulent pickling. Many years of experience worldwide in revamping, processing, and full turnkey supply of continuous pickling lines – also as a part of pickling line and tandem cold mills (PLTCM) – form the basis of our customers’ satisfaction, which is our top priority. The optimized pickling process with individual circulation and heating system ensures minimized consumption of utilities, while the result is always a scale-free strip surface. These processing lines are designed to process strip thicknesses from 1 mm up to 13 mm and strip widths from 600 mm up to 2100 mm in different steel grades. We have supplied lines for carbon steel with a maximum capacity of up to 1,700,000 tons/year.
- Productivity thanks to harmonized concepts from a single source
- Economy from high-turbulence Venturi pickling
- Research result implementation with compact rinse
- Flexibility from modular arrangement and design
- Operation assistance from interactive customer support system
- Resistance by means of consistent material development and design
- Making use of continuous further developments, as well as experience gained in the numerous pickling lines built, ANDRITZ is one of the leading suppliers for HCl pickling technology.
As a result of its consistent efforts in making constant further developments, as well as the experience gained from numerous pickling lines built, ANDRITZ AG retains the lead in HCl pickling technology to provide best performance for our customers.
Corresponding E&A models
Mathematical optimization models for essential modules