Drum pulpers for recycled fiber processing
Minimum fiber loss with lowest power consumption
FibreFlow Drum FFD
The ANDRITZ FibreFlow drum pulper is used for fiber slushing and separation of coarse contaminants for all kinds of recovered paper. High production capacity and low power consumption in a single unit make the FibreFlow drum pulper the preferred choice for continuous pulping. For low-capacity applications, a new simplified drum design, with lower installation and operation costs, provides an economically feasible solution. All FibreFlow drum pulper models are proven for slushing of highly contaminated and hard-to-process waste paper raw materials.
Waste paper furnishes are defiberized by means of continuous turnover (by falling inside the rotating drum). This action separates fibers gently from contaminants, with minimal fiber loss. The contaminants are rejected continuously and automatically. The drum has two sections (pulping and screening): Wetting, chemical impregnation, and defiberizing take place in the pulping section, while fiber recovery and reject separation are assigned to the screening section.
- Most-accepted quality, improved ink detachment, and brightness gain (thanks to gentle pulping and efficient removal of coarse contaminant with minimum fiber loss)
- Highest availability due to single-drum machine design with no internals that can create wire build-ups
- Reliable and proven mechanical components
- Minimum maintenance and efficient single drive
- Suitable for all kinds of recovered paper, even with high contaminant load