History of ANDRITZ HYDRO Canada

1892 

Canadian General Electric Company Limited is created from the merger of Edison Light Electric Company and Thomson-Houston Electric Light Company of Canada.
500 employees in Peterborough already manufactured generators, transformers, motors, wire and lamps
1920Dominion Engineering Works (DEW) is created
1932Construction of Hydraulic Lab in Lachine, Quebec
1962GE Canada acquires Dominion Engineering Works in Montreal

1980

Dominion Bridge-Sulzer joint venture created between Sulzer Brothers Inc. from Zurich and AMCA (parent company of Dominion Bridge) with its own workshops in Canada
1998GE Hydro and Inepar are associated in Joint Venture in Brazil
1999GE Hydro acquires Kvaerner from Norway including its technology
2000   VA Tech Hydro from Austria acquires Dominion Bridge-Sulzer. VA Tech Hydro Bouvier was already active in Compact Hydro market in Canada
2006ANDRITZ acquires VA Tech Hydro. VA Tech Hydro Canada Inc. is created

2008

ANDRITZ completes the acquisition and integration of GE Hydro. ANDRITZ VA Tech Hydro Ltd is created. Only remaining Canadian manufacturing facility is the Bar Plant in Lachine, Quebec

2009

Company names change to ANDRITZ HYDRO Ltd and ANDRITZ HYDRO Canada Inc.
2015ANDRITZ HYDRO Ltd is merged into ANDRITZ HYDRO Canada Inc. as of January 1, 2015