ANDRITZ to rebuild board machine for Kartonsan Karton Sanayi ve Ticaret, TurkeyInternational technology Group ANDRITZ will upgrade board machine 2 and the related stock preparation systems for Kartonsan Karton Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. in Izmit, Turkey, and thus increase duplex and triplex board production from 100,000 to 160,000 t/a. The start-up is scheduled for the second quarter of 2014.
ANDRITZ’s scope of supply comprises:
- upgrade of the board machine (design speed: 450 m/min at a paper width at reel of 3,650 mm), including a PrimeFlow SW headbox with dilution control, rebuild of the fourdrinier wire and press sections with a PrimePress X shoe press, a new hood and air system, and rebuild of the pre- and after-dryer, hard calendar and coating sections;
- rebuild of the deinking line for white ledger (capacity: 140 t/d);
- upgrade of the backlayer line with deinking flotation unit and thickener disc filter for an additional white ledger capacity of 85 t/d;
- rebuild of the existing old corrugated containers/mixed waste line with a capacity of 380 t/d;
- broke pulper adjustment and new broke thickener;
- three primary and two secondary screens for the four layer approach system and a dilution water screen;
- engineering, supervision, commissioning, start-up, training, and spare and wear part packages for the entire equipment supply.
With this order, ANDRITZ PULP & PAPER is confirming its position as leading supplier for major rebuilds of paper and board lines.
– End –
For further information, please contact:
Group Treasury, Corporate Communications & Investor Relations
Phone: +43 (316) 6902 1332
The ANDRITZ GROUP
The ANDRITZ GROUP is a globally leading supplier of plants, equipment, and services for hydropower stations, the pulp and paper industry, the metalworking and steel industries, solid/liquid separation in the municipal and industrial sectors, and the production of animal feed and biomass pellets. In addition, ANDRITZ offers technologies for certain other sectors including automation, pumps, machinery for nonwovens and plastic films, steam boiler plants, biomass boilers and gasification plants for energy generation, flue gas cleaning plants, plants for the production of panelboards (MDF), thermal sludge utilization, and biomass torrefaction plants. The publicly listed, international technology Group is headquartered in Graz, Austria, and has a staff of around 23,400 employees. ANDRITZ operates over 220 production sites as well as service and sales companies all around the world.
ANDRITZ PULP & PAPER
ANDRITZ PULP & PAPER is a leading global supplier of equipment, systems, and services for the production and processing of all types of pulps, paper, tissue, and board. The technologies cover processing of logs, annual fibers, and waste paper, production of chemical pulp, mechanical pulp, and recycled fibers, recovery and reuse of chemicals, preparation of paper machine furnish, production of paper, tissue, and board, calendering and coating of paper, as well as treatment of reject materials and sludge. The service range includes modernization, rebuilds, spare and wear parts, service and maintenance, as well as machine transfer and second-hand equipment. Biomass, steam, and recovery boilers, gasification plants for energy production, flue gas cleaning plants, biomass torrefaction, and plants for the production of nonwovens, dissolving pulp, plastic films, and panelboards (MDF) are also allocated to the business area.