ANDRITZ to upgrade three paper machines for MEPCO, Saudi Arabia
International technology Group ANDRITZ has received an order from Middle East Paper Co. (MEPCO), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, to upgrade three paper machines.
MEPCO is one of the leading packaging grades producers in the Middle East and North Africa and targets to increase production and improve paper quality with this order. The start-ups are scheduled for 2014 (PM1 and PM3) and 2015 (PM2).
ANDRITZ’s scope of supply comprises:
- New approach system
- Rebuild of the wet section with a PrimeFlow SW headbox including flexible lamella technology and dilution profiling system; rebuild of the dewatering table
- New approach screens and rebuild of the wet section as at PM1
- Rebuild of the wire section to consist of two Fourdriniers and a PrimeForm HB hybrid former for higher drainage capacity and improved formation
- Rebuild of the film press and the drying section: relocation of 10 dryers from the existing after-drying section to the pre-drying section; the PrimeCoat film press is designed for operation both as film press and size press, combining the advantages of both systems and opening up a broad manufacturing range
- New air-driven air turn system (PrimeAir Glide) that changes the direction of a continuous web without any direct contact
- Rebuild of the approach system and of the wet section, including dilution profiling system
- Rebuild of the press section with a higher nip load for more efficient dewatering
- The drying section is equipped with PrimeRun web stabilizers to enable a stable sheet run
ANDRITZ will also install TwinFlo refiners in the OCC lines in order to improve the fiber properties. The OCC pulping plant will be upgraded by installing a modified FibreFlow drum pulper with a capacity of 1,400 tons per day in order to enhance the fiber quality and to reduce operating costs.
– End –
For further information, please contact:
Head of Corporate Communications
The ANDRITZ GROUP
The ANDRITZ GROUP is a globally leading supplier of plants, equipment, and services for hydropower stations, the pulp and paper industry, the metalworking and steel industries, and solid/liquid separation in the municipal and industrial sectors. The publicly listed, international technology Group is headquartered in Graz, Austria, and has a staff of around 23,700 employees. ANDRITZ operates over 250 production sites as well as service and sales companies all around the world. The ANDRITZ GROUP ranks among the global market leaders in all four of its business areas. One of the Group’s overall strategic goals is to strengthen and extend this position. At the same time, the company aims to secure the continuation of profitable growth in the long term.
ANDRITZ PULP & PAPER
The business area is a leading global supplier of equipment, systems, and services for the production and processing of all types of pulps, paper, tissue, and cardboard. The technologies cover the processing of logs, annual fibers, and waste paper; the production of chemical pulp, mechanical pulp, and recycled fibers; the recovery and reuse of chemicals; the preparation of paper machine furnish; the production of paper, tissue, and board; the calendering and coating of paper; as well as treatment of reject materials and sludge. The service range includes modernization, rebuilds, spare and wear parts, service and maintenance, as well as machine transfer and second-hand equipment. Biomass, steam, and recovery boilers, gasification plants for energy production, flue gas cleaning plants, production equipment for biofuel (second generation) and biomass pelleting, biomass torrefaction, plants for the production of nonwovens, dissolving pulp, plastic films, and panelboards (MDF), and recycling plants are also allocated to the business area.