ANDRITZ receives order for extensive rebuild of Stora Ensoʼs Varkaus mill, Finland
International technology Group ANDRITZ has received an order from Stora Enso to rebuild the fiberline, evaporation plant, recausticizing plant, recovery boiler, and recycled fiber plant at the Varkaus pulp mill, Finland. Start-up is scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2015.
The order is part of Stora Ensoʼs project to convert an existing fine paper machine to a containerboard machine as well as to increase capacity and energy efficiency of the pulp mill. The scope of supply includes:
- Conversion of the fiberline to produce high-Kappa unbleached pulp, including modernization of cooking, brown stock washing, and screening systems, as well as delivery of a new blowline and new reject refiners
- Supply of two new evaporator units, replacement of the existing evaporator lamellas in two evaporator units, and installation of a new methanol liquefaction system
- Supply of a new LimeDry lime mud disc filter for the recausticizing plant, which will improve cleanliness and the working environment at the plant
- Rebuild of the complete recycled fiber plant, including modernization of the ANDRITZ FiberFlow drum pulper and coarse screening plant, as well as delivery of a new screw press
- Replacement of the boiler bank tubes in the recovery boiler and installation of a new CNCG-burner (Concentrated Non Condensable Gas)
– End –
For further information please contact:
Head of Corporate Communications
The ANDRITZ GROUP
The ANDRITZ GROUP is a globally leading supplier of plants, equipment, and services for hydropower stations, the pulp and paper industry, the metalworking and steel industries, and solid/liquid separation in the municipal and industrial sectors. The publicly listed, international technology Group is headquartered in Graz, Austria, and has a staff of around 24,100 employees. ANDRITZ operates over 250 production sites as well as service and sales companies all around the world. The ANDRITZ GROUP ranks among the global market leaders in all four of its business areas. One of the Group’s overall strategic goals is to strengthen and extend this position. At the same time, the company aims to secure the continuation of profitable growth in the long term.
ANDRITZ PULP & PAPER
The business area is a leading global supplier of equipment, systems, and services for the production and processing of all types of pulps, paper, tissue, and cardboard. The technologies cover the processing of logs, annual fibers, and waste paper; the production of chemical pulp, mechanical pulp, and recycled fibers; the recovery and reuse of chemicals; the preparation of paper machine furnish; the production of paper, tissue, and board; the calendering and coating of paper; as well as treatment of reject materials and sludge. The service range includes modernization, rebuilds, spare and wear parts, service and maintenance, as well as machine transfer and second-hand equipment. Biomass, steam, and recovery boilers, gasification plants for energy production, flue gas cleaning plants, production equipment for biofuel (second generation) and biomass pelleting, biomass torrefaction, plants for the production of nonwovens, dissolving pulp, plastic films, and panelboards (MDF), and recycling plants are also allocated to the business area.