ANDRITZ reports favorable 2014 business year
In 2014, international technology Group ANDRITZ improved all financial key figures compared to the previous year.
- Sales amounted to 5,859.3 million euros (MEUR) and were thus 2.6% higher than in the previous year (2013: 5,710.8 MEUR).
- Order intake increased by 8.7%, reaching an all-time high of 6,101.0 MEUR (2013: 5,611.0 MEUR). This positive development is attributable to the PULP & PAPER and METALS business areas.
- The order backlog at the end of 2014 amounted to 7,510.6 MEUR (+1.7% compared to the end of 2013: 7,388.5 MEUR) and thus also reached a new record high.
- At 379.5 MEUR, the EBITA was well above the very low level of the previous year, which was impacted negatively by additional costs in the PULP & PAPER and SEPARATION business areas (+131.3% versus 2013: 164.1 MEUR). The EBITA margin also increased substantially to 6.5% (2013: 2.9%).
- Net income increased to 210.0 MEUR (2013: 53.2 MEUR).
- The net worth position and capital structure as of December 31, 2014 remained solid. Total assets amounted to 5,967.6 MEUR (December 31, 2013: 5,571.4 MEUR) and the equity ratio to 17.0% (Decem-ber 31, 2013: 16.7%). Liquid funds reached 1,701.6 MEUR (end of 2013: 1,517.0 MEUR) and net liquidity amounted to 1,065.1 MEUR (end of 2013: 893.1 MEUR).
- At the Annual General Meeting on March 26, 2015, the Executive Board will propose a dividend increase to 1.00 EUR per share for the 2014 business year (2013: 0.50 EUR).
Wolfgang Leitner, President and CEO of ANDRITZ AG, on the outlook for the 2015 business year: “From today’s perspective, no substantial change is expected in project activity in the markets served by ANDRITZ compared to the satisfactory level of 2014. The market environment is still challenging, which is why we will continue with our measures to further enhance competitiveness and profitability this year.”
On the basis of these expectations and the order backlog at the end of 2014, ANDRITZ expects a slight sales increase in 2015 as well as an improvement in net income compared to 2014.
– End –
For further information, please contact:
Head of Corporate Communications
Phone: +43 (316) 6902 1332
The ANDRITZ GROUP
ANDRITZ is a globally leading supplier of plants, equipment, and services for hydropower stations, the pulp and paper industry, the metalworking and steel industries, and for solid/liquid separation in the municipal and industrial sectors. The publicly listed technology Group is headquartered in Graz, Austria, and has a staff of almost 25,000 employees. ANDRITZ operates over 250 sites worldwide.
Annual and financial reports
The annual reports and financial reports of the ANDRITZ GROUP are available as PDF for download at www.andritz.com. Printed copies can be requested by e-mail to email@example.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release constitute “forward-looking statements”. These statements, which contain the words “believe”, “intend”, “expect”, and words of a similar meaning, reflect the Executive Board’s beliefs and expectations and are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially. As a result, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements. The company disclaims any obligation to publicly announce the result of any revisions to the forward-looking statements made herein, except where it would be required to do so under applicable law.