ANDRITZ GROUP: results for the first quarter of 2015
International technology Group ANDRITZ recorded a solid business development in the first quarter of 2015.
The key financial figures developed as follows:
- Sales amounted to 1,404.3 million euros (MEUR) and were thus significantly higher than the reference figure for the previous year (+15.2% versus Q1 2014: 1,219.5 MEUR). All business areas, particularly PULP & PAPER, recorded a significant increase in sales.
- The order intake, at 1,430.6 MEUR, reached a satisfactory level. However, it was 17.9% below the extraordinary high reference figure of the previous year, which had included large orders in the HYDRO and PULP & PAPER business areas (Q1 2014: 1,742.2 MEUR).
- The order backlog as of March 31, 2015 slightly increased to 7,785.6 MEUR (December 31, 2014: 7,510.6 MEUR).
- The EBITA amounted to 73.4 MEUR (Q1 2014: 48.6 MEUR). Earnings were thus 51.0% above the low reference figure of last year, but still failed to reach a satisfactory level, as did the EBITA margin at 5.2% (Q1 2014: 4.0%). This is mainly attributable to temporary exchange rate differences from negative market values from project-related currency hedges that will balance out by the time the orders are completed/paid. Excluding these market values, the EBITA margin of the Group would have amounted to 6.1%.
- Net income amounted to 44.0 MEUR (+112.6% versus Q1 2014: 20.7 MEUR).
On the basis of the current order backlog, ANDRITZ expects a slight increase in sales and net income in 2015 compared to the previous year.
– End –
For further information, please contact:
Head of Group Treasury, Corporate Communications & Investor Relations
Phone: +43 (316) 6902 2979
The ANDRITZ GROUP
ANDRITZ is a globally leading supplier of plants, equipment, and services for hydropower stations, the pulp and paper industry, the metalworking and steel industries, and for solid/liquid separation in the municipal and industrial sectors. The publicly listed technology Group is headquartered in Graz, Austria, and has a staff of almost 25,000 employees. ANDRITZ operates over 250 sites worldwide.
Annual and financial reports
The annual reports and financial reports of the ANDRITZ GROUP are available as PDF for download at www.andritz.com. Printed copies can be requested by e-mail to email@example.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release constitute “forward-looking statements”. These statements, which contain the words “believe”, “intend”, “expect”, and words of a similar meaning, reflect the Executive Board’s beliefs and expectations and are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially. As a result, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements.
The company disclaims any obligation to publicly announce the result of any revisions to the forward-looking statements made herein, except where it would be required to do so under applicable law.