As one of the first hydropower companies not only in Italy, but also worldwide, ANDRITZ Hydro Italy has achieved the certification of the Asset Management System according to ISO 55001 standard and will support the future activities of our Operation & Maintenance business.
The ISO 55001 standard establishes the requirements to guarantee an asset management system aimed at maximizing performance and mitigating risks.
The Asset Management supports the reliable and safe operation of plants and drives their efficient functioning in accordance to regulations, despite the aging of the installations, the change of rules and the evolution of economy. It helps to identify critical assets within a plant, evaluate their condition and performance, and support the definition of investment strategies for their maintenance and replacement.
The Asset Management is fully integrated into the global strategy of the company and introduces a systematic process meant to:
- Improves reliability and performance of the power plant.
- Reduces risks by application of global risk management and integrated maintenance plan.
- Improves customer confidence in business relationship.
- Improves business opportunities (spare parts supplies, main rehabilitation program, …).
- Enables ANDRITZ to become the customer’s main partner.
The certification audit was carried out by Bureau-Veritas both at ANDRITZ Hydro Italy location and at customer assets and gave a positive result, emphasizing the effectiveness of a pragmatic system that is heavily embedded in business processes.
The certification is presently under issuance.