Site Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Officer
ANDRITZ HYDRO Canada Inc.
Andritz Hydro Canada Inc. is a global supplier of electromechanical systems and services for hydroelectric power plants and the leader in the world market for hydraulic power generation.
Job summary / Introduction
We are currently looking for a Site Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Officer to join our QHSE team in hydroelectric equipment installation projects. The assignment will be in a major hydroelectric Canadian installation site. This position is geared towards long-term career development within our organization.
Detailed job description
- Coordinates fulfillment of HSE requirements at construction site, following health, safety, and environmental (HSE) plan in compliance with Company standards, customer requirements and Government regulations;
- Supports Site Manager for HSE management and safety instructions implementation for our workers and partners;
- Prepares weekly and monthly statistics HSE reports;
- Provides assistance in the implementation and update of the health, safety, and environmental plan;
- Provides assistance in identification of risks and definition of control measures (through safe work procedure, Job Safety Analysis);
- Carries out and records regular safety checks and safety inspections;
- Provides assistance in Tool-box talks;
- Coordinates safety committee;
- Records and investigates accidents and incidents; performs Root Cause Analysis on HSE issues;
- Coordinates health, safety, and environmental aspects of site activities;
- Provides introduction training and site specific health, safety, and environmental training;
- Coordinates required safety training on site;
- Coordinates First Aid rescue, First Aid responders and Fire Protection programs;
- Proposes immediate correction of a HSE deficiency; checks if HSE corrections from deficiency are effective;
- Ensures OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and COR programs are maintained at site;
- Support execution of internal audits in construction sites and facilities and coordinate external audits;
- Coordinates with Workers Compensation as required;
- Collaborates with HSE Advisor for business update on HSE Management System.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years of experience in HSE management on a construction site or heavy industries;
- University degree in Industrial / Construction Health and Safety or equivalent
- Knowledge of Provincial Construction Safety legislation;
- Experience in dealing with unionized environment
- Experience working on construction sites (Hydro power plant - an asset);
- Strong communication skills (spoken & written) at all levels of the organization;
- Proven Auditor and Trainer skills;
- Team player;
- Excellent problem solving skills (root cause analysis expertise), sound judgment, initiative & creativity;
- Willingness to travel and flexible with work schedule.
Please use the link below to apply. Thank you!