Site Quality Assurance Leader
ANDRITZ HYDRO Canada Inc.
Andritz Hydro Canada Inc. is a global supplier of electromechanical systems and services for hydroelectric power plants and the leader in the world market for hydraulic power generation.
Job summary / Introduction
We are currently seeking a Site Quality Assurance Leader with mechanical engineering background to join our QHSE team in hydroelectric equipment installation projects. The assignment will be to lead the Quality Assurance and Control team in a major hydroelectric Canadian installation site. This position is geared towards long-term career development within our organization.
Detailed job description
- Act as the Andritz representative on site for quality vis-à-vis customer, internal site team and subcontractors;
- Ensure fulfillment of quality requirements at site (reception of goods, ITP, QCR, documentation);
- Coordinate overall activities of site QA personnel on site (inspections, non-conformities monitoring, quality records, special processes worker qualifications);
- Support Installation Supervisors to ensure work is performed in compliance with contract requirements;
- Oversee quality compliance for all sub-systems: Gates, Turbine, Generator, Automation;
- Support implementation of Andritz Hydro management system ;
- Develop solutions to technical problems in time-critical custom machinery assembly challenges;
- Facilitate the decision making process for corrective actions with project team;
- Support to external inspections and audits and timely implement corrective actions upon findings;
- Provide regular Quality Key Performance Indicators (KPI);
- Contribute to overall quality and excellence in execution of the project.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Technical degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or significant pertinent experience in construction site quality assurance and control;
- Minimum 7 year experience;
- Passionate about quality and integrity;
- Expert in mechanical dimensional measuring equipment;
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings ;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Experience in ISO 9001 standard implementation;
- Safety qualifications considered an asset;
- Project management skills - ability to handle multiple complex tasks regularly;
- Effective Communication skills (oral and written);
- Excellent conflict resolution, problem solving skills, sound judgment, initiative and creativity;
- Analysis of data, Continuous improvement focus;
- Willingness to travel and flexible with work schedule.
Please use the link below to apply. Thank you!