Junior Procurement Specialist
ANDRITZ HYDRO Canada Inc.
Andritz Hydro Canada Inc. is a global supplier of electromechanical systems and services for hydroelectric power plants and the leader in the world market for hydraulic power generation.
Job summary / Introduction
We are looking for a Junior Procurement Specialist to join our team.
Detailed job description
- Source and negotiate pricing with suppliers;
- Issue Purchase Orders and revisions to purchase orders;
- Notify suppliers of drawing revisions;
- Manage PO revisions;
- Enforce commercial terms and conditions and all contractual requirements;
- Follow up and expedite suppliers on deliveries;
- Respond to or facilitate suppliers questions;
- Communicate with Project team and engineers for project details (budgets, requisitions, specifications, delivery dates, etc.);
- Analyze spend data and identify key vendors for contracts;
- Work closely with accounts payables to reconcile invoices and provide supporting documentation;
- Ensure suppliers have the appropriate documentation to proceed with work;
- Ensure suppliers submit all required quality documentation;
- Assist suppliers or procurement team with creation of packing lists;
- Support the field for urgent purchases;
- Reporting as required by department or senior management;
- Cross functional training as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
COMNPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- 3 years' experience in a Mechanical Purchasing role;
- Experience with SAP purchasing software, an asset;
- Experience with purchase of materials, parts and services in the hydro industry, an asset;
- Technical degree or engineering degree, an asset;
- Ability to read shop/mechanical drawings;
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating prices and terms and conditions;
- Experience in commercial contracts;
- Intermediate to Advanced level of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel;
- Ability to priorities tasks and work under pressure;
- Ability to clearly communicate, deliver presentations, simplify, explain variances and issues to a team and propose solutions;
- Demonstrated positive relationships with internal/external customers
- Knowledge of market trends and purchasing best practices;
- Employs fair, ethical and transparent procurement practices;
- Proficiency in English and French.
Catherine Bui Le
Please use the link below to apply. Thank you!