History of ANDRITZ Kaiser
View of ANDRITZ Kaiser office and factory

History of ANDRITZ Kaiser

More than 100 years of experience in metal forming – the history of KAISER presses

2019

Development of a new press series combining a production press with the features and functionalities of a tool tryout press. The new press is presented for the first time at the BlechExpo 2019 show

2013

Delivery of the first 25,000kN servo transfer press, including ancillary equipment, to a German car manufacturer

2008

Delivery of the first conventional 25,000kN transfer press, including ancillary equipment

2007

Development and manufacture of the first servo press

2004

Otto Kaiser GmbH is taken over by ANDRITZ AG. Operations continue under the new name of ANDRITZ Kaiser GmbH

1999

A heavy-load production shop for large machines (crane capacity 125 tons) and an extension to the administration building are added to the company premises

1990The first 10,000kN press is built for a customer in Sweden
1984

Customers’ increasing demands for larger machines and the constant rise in the number of machines sold result in new factory premises being built in the Gölshausen district of Bretten and the company moving from Pforzheim to Bretten. In the same year, KAISER presents the new screen control for presses – the first manufacturer worldwide to do so

1960-1984Otto Kaiser grows continuously as a company thanks to the post-war economic miracle (Wirtschaftswunder) in Germany. The pressing force and size of the mechanical presses increases significantly. The first 6300kN KAISER press is presented in 1984
1960

KAISER presents a large number of different press models at the Hannover Messe (Hanover trade fair)

1947

The first motor-driven KAISER press with 120kN is built

1945

Otto Kaiser establishes a new company in his own name for design and manufacture of automatic punching machines in Pforzheim. This is the birth of the KAISER press

1918-1945

Otto and Klaus Kaiser take over as owners and managing directors of the Hermann Haulick company

1912

As an employee of the press manufacturing company Hermann Haulick in Pforzheim, Otto Kaiser receives his Master Craftsman’s Diploma in metalworking