History of ANDRITZ Selas
|2002||Selas France SA is acquired by the ANDRITZ GROUP and renamed ANDRITZ Selas S.A.S. ANDRITZ Selas, which belongs to the ANDRITZ Metals business area, is specialized in building furnaces for continuous galvanizing and annealing lines for carbon steel strip, used for the automotive industry, household appliances, and building constructions.|
|1968||Selas France SA is established, mainly producing glass equipment (first galvanizing lines, such as Phenix and Galvameuse), then developing the DFF technology and other product lines.|
|1930s||United Utilities becomes Selas Corporation of America, active in the field of industrial thermal high technology.|
|1910s||Acquisition of the American subsidiary by United Utilities; English and French subsidiaries bought by Wellman, renamed to Selas Wellman.|
|1896||Selas GmbH established by Dr G A Schleber in Berlin; expansion in the field of gas street lights, manufacturing in France, England, and the United States.|
The construction of any new installation is accompanied by the training of future operators in proper use of the equipment supplied. In addition, ANDRITZ Selas conducts audits on existing furnaces and installations to propose solutions customized to individual requirements. The objective is to save energy and increase production capacity, for instance by means of optimized mathematical models or optimized heat recovery, as well as to develop technologies for the steel grades of tomorrow. Our services comprise consulting, sophisticated revamps, as well as the supply of spare parts.
The ANDRITZ Selas team is composed primarily of engineers and experts dedicated to product development, sales, and project execution. Our human resources department places special emphasis on training, internal communication, and introducing new employees.