ANDRITZ Thermtec B.V.
Continuous development work and decades of experience have made ANDRITZ Thermtec a market leader in furnace technology for annealing and pickling lines (APL) and bright annealing lines (BAL).
ANDRITZ Thermtec offers turnkey delivery of new furnaces as well as revamp and upgrade of existing lines.
Thermtec B.V. of Rotterdam, Netherlands, was founded in 1983 and acquired by ANDRITZ in 1998. For more than 25 years, ANDRITZ Thermtec has specialized in designing, building, and erecting industrial furnaces for annealing process lines. ANDRITZ Thermtec is continuously re-developing its high-tech annealing furnaces for the stainless steel industry, whether the equipment is for annealing pickling lines (APL), bright annealing lines (BAL), or for the rebuild of existing furnaces. Innovative combustion technologies and heat recovery systems provide reduced energy costs and reduced emissions, without diminishing the high productivity of our furnaces.
Products of ANDRITZ Thermtec
- Furnaces for hot and cold rolled strip, as well as for combined hot and cold rolled stainless steel
- Combustion systems with heat recuperation and regeneration
- Specially designed carousel rolls, with patented cooling features
- Cooling section designed with integrated wet dust collector
- Largest muffle furnaces for bright annealing processes
- Low NOx process exhaust gas due to De-NOx technologies combined with the pickling process
Whether for engineering, thermal process calculations, design, or a reliability study, ANDRITZ Thermtec executes its projects with commitment and expertise. Our customers value “single-source competence” in the metal strip processing lines sector. We offer a variety of furnace concepts in close collaboration with our colleagues in the ANDRITZ Metals business area and provide assistance in
- Calculating the best possible product mix for your current and future product demand
- Determining associated furnace capacities and line speeds with respect to process times
- Determining furnace layout, technical specification, and scope of supply
- Engineering & construction
- Installation & commissioning
ANDRITZ Metals is very successful with annealing lines for hot and cold rolled strip in stainless steel processing equipment. We supply furnaces for world record production rates and largest strip dimensions. Having a leading position not only in process engineering and heat treatment technology, we also make it a major objective to contribute towards protecting the environment. Innovations like the De-NOx technology combined with the pickling process and dust collecting techniques for air pollution control are adapted to the furnace for low emission operation. ANDRITZ Metals is one of the few global suppliers capable of providing all technologies and processes used in the manufacture of stainless steel strip.