Control and automation
ANDRITZ Metals Inc. (formerly ANDRITZ Bricmont Inc.) offers a wide range of control systems for the manufacturing and processing industries.
From simple, single-loop control to sophisticated PC-based systems, we integrate hardware and software to build the most effective and efficient system possible for your needs.
Process control can be divided into several levels. Level 1 control consists of measuring operating conditions, displaying information, and controlling an output device to a desired condition.
Features and advantages
- Provision for multi-zone control of all types of reheat furnaces
- Furnace system evaluation for replacement or upgrade by experienced combustion/control engineers.
- PID loop control
- Over-temperature monitoring
- Customer-specific man-machine interface
- Product tracking
- Data collection and storage
- Easily tuneable PID loop parameters via master MMI screen
- Pre-configured system for minimum downtime during system replacement or upgrade
- Network capable for data acceptance and Level II supervisory control connection
- Complete multi-level alarm and annunciation system with control intervention to minimize furnace shutdowns
A Level 2 system supervises a Level 1 system. It makes decisions on how to best control a process based on mathematical modeling of the process or communication with other interrelated processes. Many Level 2 systems provide records of various data and events as well. Level 2 systems are essential to optimize a process that must change to meet varying process demands.
Features and advantages
- Significant fuel-saving opportunities
- Specifically engineered for metals reheat supervisory control
- More systems in North America than any other supplier
- Enthusiastically accepted by both operators and production supervisors
- Easily expandable or tuneable for future customer needs
- Minimizes damage to furnace components through consistent product temperatures and heating method
- Industry-proven, continuous product enhancements over the past 20 years
- Easy-to-understand system operation with custom displays for each individual system
- Remote support for ease of diagnosis and maintenance
- Online finite element modeling
- Custom software – state-of-the art hardware
- Computerized process monitoring and supervisory control
- Maximizes product yield
- Use of touch screen, light pen, or mouse operator input
- Multi-level communications to Level 1 and Level 3
- Sophisticated database management
- Customer-specific training