Recycled fiber pulp flotation to achieve high brightness with low fiber loss
Efficient deinking requires balancing two important considerations: increasing brightness as much as possible while at the same time retaining as many fibers as possible. The ANDRITZ SelectaFlot achieves this balance. SelectaFlot deinking is the result of decades of operating experience and is based on sound technology.
Benefits of ANDRITZ SelectaFlot deinking flotation
- Maximum improvement in optical qualities (high brightness, low dirt)
- Low energy consumption
- Flexible and broad application range for different raw materials
- Simple and stable process control minimizing variations
- Low operating and maintenance costs
- Adaptable to any mill layout
- High reject consistency saving dewatering and disposal costs
- Wide range of capacities
New multi-injector design
ANDRITZ has developed a new multi-injector design for the primary stage in deinking flotation systems. The multi-injector is tailor-made for effective ink removal and consumes 50% less energy than previous designs. The new design optimizes the air intake in the injector as well as the distribution within the flotation cell. Furthermore, a newly developed pump series – which is more energy efficient – is utilized.
The new multi-injector was designed using computational fluid dynamics (CFD) for modelling an optimum air bubble size and distribution to obtain the best deinking performance. It is based on a reshaped nozzle geometry, which also reduces the risk of plugging.
- In new SelectaFlot systems
- Rebuild package of existing SelectaFlot cells, providing lowest ROI
- Rebuild of competitor cells for increased performance and lower operating costs
FoamEx: mechanical destruction of foam (especially flotation foam)
The foam generated in flotation deinking is collected and discharged into the foam tank. FoamEx sits on top of the foam tank and destroys foam by creating a partial vacuum through the rotation of the conically shaped rotor. The liquefied foam, which is heavily loaded with ink and dirt, is discharged at the top of the cone.
Benefits of the ANDRITZ FoamEx FE foam breaker
- Soft mechanical destruction
- Low energy demand
- No plugging
- Low residual air content in liquefied foam