Technology for pulp sheet drying plants
ANDRITZ provides turnkey market pulp drying plants, as well as individual technologies for each market pulp drying/baling process.
A market pulp sheet drying plant usually starts at the high density storage tower directly after the bleach plant of the fiberline. The pulp sheet drying plant comprises pulp screening/cleaning, dewatering, drying, baling, and finishing operations. ANDRITZ is well equipped to supply individual equipment or turnkey plants.
Modern pulp sheet drying plants are equipped with a screening/cleaning system in order to achieve the highest pulp cleanliness.
Perfect sheet formation and highest wet sheet tensile strength are important factors in the availability and successful operation of a large single pulp drying line. ANDRITZ pulp dewatering technologies include:
- Twin Wire former
- Twin Wire press
- Fourdrinier machine
Pulp sheet drying
Based on Fläkt technology, ANDRITZ has continuously improved the pulp sheet drying technology. Advantages of the pulp sheet dryer include:
- optimized blowbox design for high heat transfer to sheet
- low steam and electrical power consumption
- increased floating height and strong sheet fixation
- improved cleaning tools (blowbox lifting, broke removal nip) for faster cleaning
- automatic tail threading system for fast threading at full machine speed
- over 480 references
Pulp baling/bale finishing
ANDRITZ has successfully further developed state-of-the-art pulp baling technologies by revising the design and technical features to provide customers with sophisticated and reliable systems. Pulp baling lines include reliable high-speed cutting, bale handling, and wrapping of dried market pulp. Pulp baling and finishing products are:
- Pulp baling line (e.g. conveyor system, bale scale, bale press, Duowrap, end folder, stenciler, bar code printer, stacker)
- Tying equipment (e.g. bale binder, unit binder)
- BaleMatic pulp baling and finishing control system
ANDRITZ has its own automation department that is capable of supplying the systems for monitoring and controlling a complete drying line.
Upgrades, rebuilds, and services
ANDRITZ has completed numerous successful projects of upgrades, rebuilds, and conversions. We assist already in the early stages of a project by performing plant surveys, upgrade studies, and pilot plant trials.
ANDRITZ AG, Austria
Screens/Wet End/Wet Lap
Phone: +43 (316) 6902 2613Contact us