Level 2 mathematical models (ALM series)
With the ANDRITZ Line Master (ALM) mathematical model series, the customer achieves excellent product quality and high productivity. Thanks to the continuous improvements made, we can now provide eight different optimization models.
Benefits of the ANDRITZ Line Master (ALM) mathematical model series
- Constant, good product quality with automatic set point handling
- Energy savings by using optimal process parameters
- Resource savings with automatic dosing functions
- Better reliability and availability by avoiding operator mistakes
- Higher productivity with automatic speed set point
- Less faulty operation
- Lower production costs
ANDRITZ AUTOMATION has gained its competence with mathematical models throughout a period of almost 20 years of working closely with customers and suppliers to optimize its mathematical models.
A family of mathematical models
ANDRITZ AUTOMATION offers complete solutions for stainless steel, carbon steel, and non-ferrous metals, with mathematical models for furnace, pickling, and auxiliary treatment. The range of mathematical models covers:
- Annealing and pickling (e.g. HAPL, CAPL, CPL, CGL, CAL processes):
- pickling model with consumption optimization and acid concentration correction
- advanced furnace control: multivariable predictive control coupled with a thermodynamic model of the furnace
- Rolling mills (e.g. SPM, 20-high, 6-high, 4-high mills) – process optimization systems
- Auxiliary treatment (all processes):
- scale breaker/tension-leveler model
- shotblaster model
Features of the ALM series
- Receiving product data together with processing instructions (PDI data)
- Direct communication with the line PLCs via OPC
- Calculating dynamic set points based on process information and PDI data
- Depiction of process and set point data for process monitoring
- Overriding PDI data and inserting virtual welding seams
Technology of the ALM series
The development follows the effort to deliver scalable server/client architecture with open interfaces. Use of state-of-the-art development tools, such as .NET C#/C++, and SQL, guarantees seamless integration with third party software, especially L3/MES systems, supply chain management tools, and so on. Various database systems, like Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle, are supported.
Based on the requirements defined by the customer and our sales team, the Level 2 specialists will join the project team for design, implementation and supervision. By accompanying all steps up to final acceptance, we ensure best quality, immediate response, and a single point of contact for any issue.
ANDRITZ AG, Austria
Phone: +43 50805 55507Contact us
Phone: +49 (2372) 54 456Contact us