Slitting lines from ANDRITZ Sundwig are well-known for their high precision. We offer customized slitting lines for every kind of metal strip and in all required dimensions.
ANDRITZ Sundwig provides customized slitting line solutions for all dimensions, from hot-rolled strip to thinnest, cold-rolled strip, from aluminum to stainless steel, in strip widths from 650 to 2,100 mm and strip thicknesses from 0.1 to 16.0 mm. Advanced and pioneering technologies are specially matched to the requirements of our customers.
The high degree of automation in these slitting lines enables economical production, also of smaller lots, to reduce set-up times and to interface with coil packing and logistics.
Strand braking unit
Traversing and tilting braking and transfer stand with integrated strip press and generator-braked, double fleece roll pair and cross-cut shear. With traversing pneumatic strip press or patented strand transfer and pusher device, internally braked segment rolls, and cross-cut shear.
Coil opener and transfer system
For overwinding and underwinding devices to open the coil automatically and transfer the strip head to the pinch roll unit.
4-arm tool change turnstile
Traversing, docked at the slitting shear for automatic tool change.
4-arm coil turnstile
With four snubber devices for fully automatic strapping of the individual, slit coil rings at the circumference.
Characteristic features of slitting lines
- Fully automatic strip threading systems
- Special braking units for strips with high surface finish
- Non-contact braking strips for the aluminum industry
- Automatic knife change
- Knife arbors with quadruple radial precision bearings
- Automatic clamping and unclamping of the cutting tools on the knife arbor
- Automatic strip strand transfer systems
- Fully automatic strapping on turnstile (SUNDWIG patent)
- Underfloor edge scrap baler with automatic feed (SUNDWIG patent)
Strengths and benefits of ANDRITZ slitting lines
- High availability
- Low operating costs
- High automation level to reduce non-productive times
- Flexibility from customer-specific arrangement and design
- Separate coil preparation system
- Fully automatic coil peeler for over-payoff and under-payoff uncoilers
- Steering unit in front of the slitter to minimize the edge scrap widths
- Fully automatic clamping and release of the cutting tools on the knife arbor
- Fully automatic clamping and tilting of the front knife arbor housing
- Fully automatic adjustment of edge scrap guide channels
- Side trimmers with center-cut shear
- Tool change turnstile to minimize the program change times
- Edge scrap shear with hydraulically operated knife heads in tapered polygonal design for rapid knife head change
- High quality of the final product
ANDRITZ provides decades of experience from numerous lines supplied to well-known customers worldwide. Many years of experience in the design, manufacture and commissioning sectors demonstrate our expertise in supplying customer-oriented solutions.