Coaters are used for the non-rinse application of any kind of liquids to metal strips.
ANDRITZ coaters ensure highest precision (±1 µm) in coating material applications. Coaters operate in forward mode and reverse mode (one side and both sides of the strip). Coaters are available, also as shuttle type, for horizontally and vertically running strip.
We offer the following applications:
- Lacquer coating
- MgO coating
- Other chemical coating
Coaters are mainly installed in galvanizing and coating lines, as well as in lines for electrical steel. Our coaters are also used in lines for aluminum, zinc, and titanium. Minimum coating thicknesses can be achieved from 3 mm to 40 mm. High precision is ensured by using frequency-controlled roll drives, linear position sensors, and the well-known ANDRITZ Sundwig high-rigidity design.
Strengths and benefits of roll coaters
- Cost savings due to chemicals consumption being reduced by approx. 30%
- Reduction of space required for installation
- Easily reproducible coating thickness
- Precision of ±1 µm
- No breaks in strip running due to change of coating solution when using shuttle-type coaters
- Rapid coating solution changes
- No rinse water
- No water treatment
- No chrome reduction
- Strip speeds of up to 200 m/min
- Easy roll and tank disassembly for cleaning and maintenance work
- Only a few minutes changing time for applicator rolls
Corresponding E&A models
Closed loop with coating thickness measurement