Drum discharge – chipper infeed
Drum to chipper lines for all climates and species
Forest products companies are constantly challenged to improve productivity and reduce operating costs. Maximizing the yield from the wood supply which gives immediate economic and production paybacks. Minimizing fiber wood losses and recovering bark is critical for success.
ANDRITZ debarker discharge conveyors can be equipped with bark separation slots, stone traps, short end traps, metal detectors, and washing stations. These features are all designed to ensure that the wood supply to a chipper is free of debris and dirt. This improves the performance of the chipper, extends the service life of the chipper knives, and ensures maximum uptime.
The debarker discharge and chipper infeed conveyor is an important part of the wood processing system. It removes debris, dirt, and bark and also aligns logs for feeding to the chipper.
Log alignment is critical. The basic prerequisite for producing uniform high-quality chips is that each log is correctly oriented in relation to the chipper disc. Once the first knife enters the log, the log must not change direction during the chipping process. Chipper infeed systems create an even flow of logs aligned to each other, which dramatically increases the capacity of the chipper. High and uniform chip quality is achieved through stable positioning of clean logs into the chipper.
ANDRITZ provides many options for debarking discharge/chipper infeed conveyors to match the requirements of wood supply, species, and the climate in which the equipment is operating.
- Continuous control of wood quality fed into the chipper
- Drum discharge conveyor with heavy duty impact section
- Roller conveyor with stone trap, washing, bark separation, and short end trap
- Chipper infeed conveyor with metal detector
Benefits of debarking discharge/chipper infeed
- Stone separation protects the chipper knives
- Effective bark separation provides higher chip and pulp quality
- Separate chipping of short ends ensures high and uniform chipping capacity in the main line
- Effective washing of the logs reduces wear in the chipper
- Metal detection before the chipper protects the chipper and chipper knives
ANDRITZ Oy, Finland
Phone: +358 (0)20 450 5555Contact us
ANDRITZ Brasil Ltda., Brazil
Phone: +55 (11) 2168 0100Contact us
ANDRITZ Inc., USA
Phone: +1 (770) 640 2500Contact us
ANDRITZ Ltd./Ltée., Canada
Phone: +1 (514) 631 7700Contact us