Pulp drying control systems (PDCS)
The ANDRITZ pulp drying control system concept has been introduced to offer extended features for the complete pulp drying line, minimizing the number of subsystems and associated interfaces.
Benefits of the PDCS
- Common user interfaces (Mimic, PopUps for complete drying line)
- Uniform engineering platform for MMD, MCS, DCS, DryMatic, and BaleMatic, using the same type of components in hardware and software
- No internal 3rd party interfaces, allowing single point of entry for maintenance activities (complete drying line)
- Reduced training effort due to single platform topology
- Outstanding ANDRITZ PULP & PAPER software library offering real time alarm logging, fully transparent sequence visualization, interlock display with first in-trap, maintenance override and test modes, integrated service shift book, alarm and event history, advanced and flexible trending
- Remote support for complete drying line
- Capability to integrate MMD and QCS
- Simulation interface utilizing freeze, resume, and snapshot accessible via OPC
- Run-time counters for each drive
The PDCS unified system architecture eliminates interface costs during the capital and service phase of a project and performs machine and process automation tasks, while considerably saving overhead investments. Industrial standard components and services secure the investment and minimize dependencies.