Water intake components for power plants
ANDRITZ has over 25 years of experience in the manufacturing and installation of water intake systems. Our experts have realized and installed many projects all over the world, whether it’s a desalination plant in Middle East or water intake for drinking water in Europe, ANDRITZ is your partner with expertise and competence.
Water is a precious resource. When it comes to successful water treatment, the more important factors are low maintenance cost, large open area, low pressure drop, easy cleaning, long service life and process reliability. Wedge wire screen technology from ANDRITZ offers a range of water treatment solutions for the environment in which you want to operate.
Passive intake screen systems
Passive water intake system is an environmental friendly solution for water abstraction specially designed to protect aquatic life and meet fish protection regulations, such as the European Eel Directive. Considering your project specification ANDRITZ engineers will provide a design totally adapted with:
Low impact on wild life and environment
- Low through slot velocity (max 0,15m/s) - All our products meet USA and UK laws for fish protection
- Totally submerged static filters invisible within the landscape
Limited maintenance cost
- V-Shaped profile wire for, low pressure drop, less clogging and longer filtration cycles
- Available as an option ANDRITZ Euroslot can also deliver an autonomous air backwash system to remove leaves and other debris from the surface of the screen in order to maintain process flow.
- Totally welded structure
- Wide range of metal alloys and materials proposed to limit corrosion risks and to minimize biofouling from invasive species such as Zebra mussels
- Perfect build quality for a long lifetime and a failure-free water intake process
Resin traps are safety devices used in ion exchange units, water systems, activated carbon, and media filters.
Reliability and strict slot tolerances are important factors for resin traps used in reactor plants, as excaped media from the treatment vessel can damage the following pumping equipment. ANDRITZ resin traps can be designed to capture media particles of any size, while keeping slot tolerances as low as possible. For a safe and reliable process.