The next evolutionary step in the standard stainless steel cold rolling market.
Main Benefits of the Sundwig MonoBlock
- OPEX cost reduction
- 3 times higher work roll live time, due to higher roll grinding range
- 30% rolling oil reduction
- Modernization of existing Monoblock possible
- Fully automatic roll change
- Fast roll gap opening
- Cost efficient back-up rolls and easy installation
- Proven stability - bending and shifting performance
- Existing back-up roll bearings can be used
Considering these substantial technical advances, attractive economic benefits and the lack of any significant switching barrier, the Sundwig MonoBlock will be a game changer in the standard cold rolling market.
The stainless steel cold rolling market is split in two competing design paradigms: The Monoblock and the split housing 20-High mill. The Monoblock is dominant in standard applications, whereas the split housing Four Column design dominates high quality production. As market pressure is further mounting particularly on standard steel mill operators, the Sundwig MonoBlock now emerges as the next evolutionary step.