Field Service Installer
ANDRITZ SOUTEC AG
ANDRITZ is a globally leading supplier of plants, equipment, and services for hydropower stations, the pulp and paper industry, the metalworking and steel industries, and for solid/liquid separation in the municipal and industrial sectors.
The publicly listed technology Group is headquartered in Graz, Austria, and has a staff of around 25,200 employees. ANDRITZ operates over 250 sites worldwide.
Job Summary / Introduction
Detailed Job Description
The Field Installation Technician (FIT) will be responsible for the installation of automated, electro-mechanical welding equipment within the NAFTA region and provides training for customer personnel during the welding system start-up phase.
- Installation and commissioning of Andritz Soutec welding systems and machinery within NAFTA region.
- Interprets installation manuals, drawings and wiring diagrams, utilizing his/her knowledge in electro-mechanical components, automation systems, robotics, vision systems, and PLC-software and test instruments.
- Ability to troubleshoot during welding system startup procedure. Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions and manage all on site repairs, as advised by the Site Manager.
- Ensures that all installation work and commissioning requests are completed onschedule and to the customers' satisfaction.
General skills and requirements:
- Candidate must be able travel to customer locations.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge in the following technologies: laser, automation concepts, robotics, Siemens PLC and Servos, safety concepts, vision systems, pneumatics, wiring diagrams, and electro-mechanical components.
- Can read and interpret metric design drawings.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent people and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experienced in industrial environments; preferred integrator or machine builder industries.
- Maintain composure in stressful situations and have good problem solving ability.
- Associates Degree in technical field for electro-mechanics; 7+ years of professional work experience.
- Language skills: fluent in English; knowledge in Spanish is a plus
- US-citizen or unrestricted work visa for the US.
- Up to 80% travel is required by car and airplane; no travel or border crossing restrictions.
Please use the link below to apply. Thank you!