ANDRITZ GROUP: Results for the first quarter of 2017
International technology group ANDRITZ saw solid business development in the first quarter of 2017, with increases in order intake, sales, earnings, and profitability.
The key financial figures developed as follows:
- Due to significant increases in the PULP & PAPER and METALS business areas, sales rose to 1,386.2 million euros (MEUR) and were thus 7.8% higher than the figure for the previous year’s reference period (Q1 2016: 1,285.6 MEUR).
- At 1,560.0 MEUR, order intake reached a favorable level and was 25.1% higher than the low reference figure for the previous year (Q1 2016: 1,247.4 MEUR). All business areas – above all PULP & PAPER and METALS – saw increases in order intake compared to the previous year’s reference period.
- The order backlog as of March 31, 2017 amounted to 6,974.2 MEUR and has thus risen slightly compared to the end of 2016 (December 31, 2016: 6,789.2 MEUR).
- The EBITA amounted to 97.4 MEUR (+16.1% vs. Q1 2016: 83.9 MEUR) and thus increased more than sales. This positive development is attributable above all to the PULP & PAPER, METALS, and SEPARATION business areas. As a result, the Group’s profitability (EBITA margin) increased to 7.0% (Q1 2016: 6.5%).
- Net income without non-controlling interests increased to 63.0 MEUR (Q1 2016: 52.5 MEUR).
Outlook for 2017:
Expectations for development of the markets served by ANDRITZ have not changed substantially compared to estimates made by end of 2016. While cautious investment activity is expected to remain in the HYDRO sector, particularly in Europe, and a continuation of the moderate market development is also anticipated in the SEPARATION business area, a solid market environment is expected for the PULP & PAPER business area despite somewhat weaker project activity in South America. Unchanged satisfactory project activity is also expected for the METALS business area. Wolfgang Leitner, President & CEO of ANDRITZ AG: “We are very satisfied with business development during the first quarter of 2017 and continue to expect both sales and profitability for the full year in 2017 to at least remain unchanged compared to 2016.”
– End –
The ANDRITZ GROUP
ANDRITZ is a globally leading supplier of plants, equipment, and services for hydropower stations, the pulp and paper industry, the metalworking and steel industries, and for solid/liquid separation in the municipal and industrial sectors as well as for animal feed and biomass pelleting. Other important business segments include automation and service business. In addition, the international Group is also active in the power generating sector (steam boiler plants, biomass boilers, recovery boilers, and gasification plants) and in environmental technology (flue gas cleaning plants) and offers equipment for the production of nonwovens, dissolving pulp, and panelboard as well as recycling plants. The publicly listed technology Group is headquartered in Graz, Austria, and has a staff of approximately 25,200 employees. ANDRITZ operates more than 250 sites in over 40 countries.
Annual and financial reports
Annual and Financial reports are available for download at the ANDRITZ web site www.andritz.com, and printed editions can be requested free of charge by e-mail to email@example.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release constitute "forward-looking statements”. These statements, which contain the words “believe”, “intend”, “expect”, and words of a similar meaning, reflect the Executive Board’s beliefs and expectations and are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially. As a result, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements. The company disclaims any obligation to publicly announce the result of any revisions to the forward-looking statements made herein, except where it would be required to do so under applicable law.