Annealing and pickling lines for hot-rolled stainless steel strip
ANDRITZ provides customized annealing and pickling lines for the entire range of stainless steel strip dimensions.
ANDRITZ METALS supplies custom-tailored hot annealing and pickling lines (HAPL) with or without inline equipment, such as rolling mills (so called DRAP or WRAP lines).
- Hot annealing pickling line:
- Processing of stainless steel from a tandem or Steckel hot rolling mill.
- Thermal processing to achieve uniform metallurgical structure and subsequent surface treatment (shot blasting and pickling) prior to cold rolling.
- White rolling, annealing, and pickling (WRAP) line:
- Tandem rolling of pickled hot-rolled strip, followed by annealing and pickling to produce final cold-rolled and annealed strip in one line.
- Direct rolling, annealing, and pickling (DRAP) line:
- Hot APL with direct inline rolling prior to annealing in order to produce thinner products with cold-rolled tolerances in gauge.
Strengths and benefits
- DRAP and WRAP: combination of process steps, less equipment, less inventory, and fewer personnel
- All machines required are made entirely by ANDRITZ
- ANDRITZ is market leader in this field
- Many references all over the world
- Technological know-how, especially for greenfield producers
- Combination of pickling and acid regeneration, acid management for several lines
- Effluent-free lines, heat recovery from furnace
Suitable E&A models
Mathematical model for all processes (annealing, pickling, etc.)