Energy for the future based on long experience
In modern society, there is a need for technically sound and environmentally friendly solutions for the production of heat and power. The challenge is in striking the right balance.
ANDRITZ offers technologies for producing steam and electricity from renewable fuels as well as for the efficient use of traditional fossil fuels. These technologies employ proven, yet modern techniques to efficiently produce power while keeping the emissions within environmentally safe limits.
Fluidized bed boilers
ANDRITZ offers a wide range of fluidized bed technologies, distinguished by capacity, fuel, and industrial application:
- PowerFluid circulating fluidized bed (CFB) boilers are used for steam and power generation from conventional fuels (e.g. coal), biomass and biogenous residues, sludge, rejects, and wastes with high calorific value (RDF).
- EcoFluid bubbling fluidized bed (BFB) boilers are used for steam and power generation from biomass and different alternate fuels, such as sludge, RDF, and residues.
ANDRITZ fluidized bed technologies are characterized by unmatched fuel flexibility – including fuels which are difficult to burn when using other technologies. The fluidized bed systems produce almost complete combustion with the lowest emissions and the highest efficiency and availability.
Industrial steam generators
ANDRITZ offers customized boiler solutions for different applications in the pulp and paper industry, the chemical industry, and blast furnace gas boilers for the iron and steel industry.
As a result of long-term experience in combination with modern engineering tools and design methods, our customers enjoy know-how of the highest technological standard.
Steam generators available from ANDRITZ
- Circulating fluidized bed boilers (PowerFluid)
- Bubbling fluidized bed boilers (EcoFluid)
- Kraft recovery boilers (HERB)
- Sulfite boilers (SulfitePower)
- Sodium boilers (SodEx)