ANDRITZ Hydro business division key visual

History of ANDRITZ Hydro Canada

1892 

Canadian General Electric Company Limited is created from the merger of Edison Light Electric Company and Thomson-Houston Electric Light Company of Canada.
500 employees in Peterborough already manufactured generators, transformers, motors, wire and lamps

1920

Dominion Engineering Works (DEW) is created

1932

Construction of Hydraulic Lab in Lachine, Quebec

1962

GE Canada acquires Dominion Engineering Works in Montreal

1980

Dominion Bridge-Sulzer joint venture created between Sulzer Brothers Inc. from Zurich and AMCA (parent company of Dominion Bridge) with its own workshops in Canada

1998

GE Hydro and Inepar are associated in Joint Venture in Brazil

1999

GE Hydro acquires Kvaerner from Norway including its technology

2000   

VA Tech Hydro from Austria acquires Dominion Bridge-Sulzer. VA Tech Hydro Bouvier was already active in Compact Hydro market in Canada

2006

ANDRITZ acquires VA Tech Hydro. VA Tech Hydro Canada Inc. is created

2008

ANDRITZ completes the acquisition and integration of GE Hydro. ANDRITZ VA Tech Hydro Ltd is created. Only remaining Canadian manufacturing facility is the Bar Plant in Lachine, Quebec

2009

Company names change to ANDRITZ HYDRO Ltd and ANDRITZ HYDRO Canada Inc.

2011

Hemi Controls Inc (the Chambly office) was acquired by HCA in June 22, 2011

2014

AFI Hydro Inc. (Paris) was acquired by HCA on April 30, 2014

2015

ANDRITZ HYDRO Ltd is merged into ANDRITZ HYDRO Canada Inc. as of January 1, 2015

2018

HMI Construction Inc, HMI Canada Inc. and HME Consultants Inc.( Boucherville, Quebec and Langley) were acquired by HCA on November 30, 2018

Downloads
  • ANDRITZ Hydro company presentation, en
    Company presentation PDF : 3.6 MB
  • Synchronous condensors PDF : 3.2 MB
  • Service and rehabilitation PDF : 5.3 MB
  • HPP Assessment Canada PDF : 2.5 MB