History of ANDRITZ Asselin-Thibeau S.A.S.

Since the foundation of Thibeau in 1912 and Asselin in 1920, the companies' history has continued from sale of the first crosslapper and needleloom in the 1950s to acquisition by the ANDRITZ GROUP in 2011 and opening of a new technical center in Elbeuf in 2013.


Opening of technical center in Elbeuf including complete needlepunch line
2011Integration into ANDRITZ GROUP as ANDRITZ Asselin-Thibeau
2005Merger of Asselin and Thibeau to form Asselin-Thibeau
2004Introduction of the new eXcelle card range
1997Opening of a joint venture in Wuxi, China
1994Opening of Asselin China in Shanghai


Presentation of the new range of profile crosslappers with short textile path
1986Integration of Asselin into N. Schlumberger & Cie
1980Creation of Asselin America
1978Thibeau launches a new card dedicated to nonwovens
1969Integration of Thibeau into N. Schlumberger & Cie
1958First needleloom built
1956First crosslapper sold


Activities extended to the design and manufacture of machines for the nonwovens industry


Foundation of Asselin by Emile Asselin (equipment for finishing and wool dyeing)


Foundation of A. Thibeau & Cie (formerly Louis Francin) by Antoine Thibeau (company producing cards as well as other textile machinery)