Hydraulic turbine laboratory in Brazil, São Paulo
Brazils first private laboratory for testing of scale models of hydraulic turbines
ANDRITZ HYDRO encompasses all the steps for the supply of hydraulic turbines, from research and development to design, manufacturing, installation, and up to commissioning and start-up.
Hence, ANDRITZ HYDRO shows its commitment to developing technology for clean and renewable energy in Brazil, increasingly demonstrating its profound respect for nature, collaborating with Brazilian development and creating solutions to meet the needs of its customers.
- To develop and verify the hydraulic designs of turbines through testing on scale models
- To develop "state of the art" technology for hydropower generation
- To develop hydraulic turbines fully suited to the hydrology and needs of our customers
- To offer a supply chain for hydraulic turbines in Brazil
- Universal laboratory for testing of all types of turbines, such as: Bulb, Francis, Pelton and Kaplan
- Testing of Pumps and Reversible Turbines (Turbine-Pumps)
- Modern and advanced with accuracy of +/- 0.2% and repeatability of 0.1%
- Automated, quick-response three-dimensional system for display of the flow (stereo Particle Image Velocimetry), enabling thorough investigation and validation in fluid dynamics
Concern with the environment
- Use of all energy generated in the tests to drive the pumps and other equipment in the laboratory